Deliciously Easy Frozen Watermelon Mocktail Recipe
Who doesn’t absolutely love a cold, refreshing frozen drink in the summertime?
Growing up, we always called frozen drinks “slushies,” but I’ve heard others refer to them as simply a “Slush,” an “Icee” or even a “Slush Puppy” (thank you gas stations from my childhood).
Regardless of what you choose to call it, I have the perfect icy beverage recipe for you… and guess what?!? It’s family friendly!
This watermelon mocktail is the perfect yummy and beautiful mocktail for kids, as well as the perfect addition to all of your festive summer holiday gatherings- one of the best “American drinks” for your patriotic family celebrations, like Memorial Day and Independence Day / July 4th.
And what’s even better, it incorporates healthy fresh summer fruits and herbs- watermelons, blackberries, limes and mint.
This watermelon mocktail recipe is also naturally gluten free. And if you don’t “overpour,” you can even enjoy this refreshing drink while on the keto diet (replace the honey with your choice of keto-approved liquid sweetener, like Liquid Stevia). Remember that 1/2 cup of watermelon has 5.5 g of carbohydrates and pour accordingly.
One trick I have used to get my kiddos even more excited about this frozen watermelon drink is to add some sparkling seltzer water (plain or flavored) or even Sprite. They love the little bit of added fizz- my oldest daughter said it makes the drink feel so fancy!
Hopefully, you and your family will enjoy them as much as we do!
Frozen Watermelon Mocktail Recipe
- 6 c. seedless watermelon, cut into small chunks and frozen
- 2 c. sparkling water (plain or flavored, like bubly or La Croix) or Sprite
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. honey, preferably local
- 2 T. fresh mint
- 6-8 large ice cubes (optional)
- Add frozen watermelon, chilled sparkling water or Sprite, lime juice, honey, and fresh mint to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until thoroughly combined, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add ice cubes, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour watermelon mixture into four chilled glasses. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and/or watermelon wedges, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Optional Garnish Suggestions:
Sprigs of fresh mint
Small watermelon wedges
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 0g
Also, if you plan to serve watermelon at a summer holiday gathering with friends and family, here is a great hack for how to slice and serve it: